You’ve curled your lashes and applied the two recommended coats of mascara plus an extra coat just in case. So why do your eyelashes still not look like those on the model? What did you do wrong?
The answer is – nothing. Almost every woman is looking for a natural way to increase the length and volume of their eyelashes. But there is a secret to long, luxurious eyelashes; that secret is eyelash conditioner.
So how does this magic lash serum work, and what do you need to know before you rush out and buy some? Keep reading and we will answer your questions.
Using Eyelash Conditioner
An eyelash growth serum is one of the best beauty products you can use if you want longer, healthier lashes. We’ve probably been through many tubes of mascara and boxes of false eyelashes to achieve the look we want. However, these solutions are not permanent and can cause damage to your natural lashes if applied incorrectly or too often.
Eyelash conditioner is simple to use:
- Wash your face well and remove any lingering makeup residue. Your eyes must be clean before application to prevent bacteria and dirt from getting in under the serum and causing irritations. Dry your face with a clean towel
- Dip the brush into the serum and wipe off any excess liquid– no need to apply vast quantities all at once
- Apply a thin layer to the root of your upper lash. No need to apply to the lower lid as there are few lashes there and you will get the serum in your eyes
- Wait at least 5-10 minutes before applying your makeup or going to sleep
We live such fast-paced lives that sometimes we lack the patience to wait the right amount of time for our results. This means that we don’t always follow the instructions on products, but still get frustrated when we don’t see any improvements. The key to getting stronger eyelashes is using the lash serum properly and knowing the secret is in the consistency of the application, not the volume applied each time.
Because of the way serum works in supplying vitamins, minerals, and proteins to the roots of your lashes, using extra each time will not help speed up the process. There are also some side effects that you may experience if you do not follow the instructions properly.
Mistakes to Avoid
Knowing what not to do will help you get the results you want. Here are a few common mistakes to avoid when applying lash serum:
- Applying too much
- Not going to the doctor if you experience side effects
- Applying serum to your lower lashes
- Putting on your makeup immediately after applying serum
- Not washing your face properly before application
- Inconsistent application
The Root of Eyelash Growth
Now that you know the secret to long and healthy lashes, go out and buy yourself some eyelash conditioner. If you follow the instructions, your eyelashes will thank you later!
If you enjoyed reading this article, look around our blog for others like it.