- Many men develop severe health conditions due to old age, lack of workouts, and poor diet.
- Men take long to consult a doctor when facing health problems, which worsens their health conditions.
- Some common ailments that affect men include diabetes, heart diseases, cancers, and sexual health conditions.
- Maintaining a balanced diet plan may help men avert, manage, and delay the development of several chronic diseases.
- To maintain overall health and build muscles, men must do physical exercises for about 150 minutes per week or 30 minutes for 5 days a week.
- Men must break unhealthy habits like smoking, drugs, and excessive alcohol to maintain good health.
Introduction To Health Problems Common In Men
Many men experience several health issues, particularly those above the age of 50. Though it’s natural to develop health issues, many men’s health problems emanate from the lack of exercise, poor diet, and unhealthy habits.
Several men fail to go for regular medical checkups, which aggravates any medical condition that may be developing in them. They fail to see a doctor when they have disease symptoms till the situation worsens.
Here are some of the most common health problems men should be aware of.
Most men realize they got diabetes when it’s too late. Diabetes symptoms include having elevated blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes or low blood sugars in type 1 diabetes. It is a chronic disease and it’s associated with several other diseases, like erectile dysfunction, low sex drive, kidney disease, and hypertension, among many.
A good number of men develop various cancers. Unfortunately, many cancers go unnoticed until it’s too late. Some cancers that affect men include skin cancer, colon or colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, and lung cancer.
Some men develop heart and cholesterol problems, especially as they age and due to stress or depression, or obesity. As a result, they develop high blood pressure. Over time, heart diseases, such as stroke and heart failure may occur, even leading to death or permanent disability.
Poor Sexual Health
One of the most prevalent and embarrassing health conditions is failure to get erections (erectile dysfunction) to sustain sexual intercourse. Some men have a low sex drive, infertility, and premature ejaculation.
The bad thing is sexual health problems may lead to relationship problems and even family and marriage breakups. Men with sexual problems develop stress, anxiety, and depression which causes other serious health problems, like diabetes and heart diseases.
Essential Physical Performance Practices For Men
Men are well known for their physicality and ability to handle vigorous tasks. This is due to masculine factors such as body proportion, genetic composition, and differences in performance levels.
Experts recommend that you need at least 150 minutes of medium-intensity aerobic workouts or 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobic exercises per week. That means about 30 minutes of exercise for at least 5 days.
But you may mix aerobic exercises with strength training workouts plus cardiovascular ones. Examples of aerobic exercise are fast walking, jogging, running, and swimming. You can add weightlifting and yoga.
For better physical shape and performance, follow the following tips.
- Do alternate forms of exercise – Exercise can be boring, but when you alternate exercises, it can make them interesting. Doing the same exercise creates a routine that may not even benefit the body in the long run. So, combine light, moderate, and high-intensity workouts. And alternate cardio and strength training for better results and fun.
- Cardiovascular exercises – Cardiovascular exercises increase your heart rate and burn many calories. They include brisk walking, running, hill climbing, jump rope workout, and climbing stairs.
- Strength training – On the other hand, strength training helps build muscles, endurance, and strength and burn calories. E.g., you can try push-ups, squats, planks, weight lifting, rock climbing, running with weights, and lunges.
- Take natural health supplements – Some men fail to lose weight even with diet and exercise. They may pick the top-rated male enhancements to help them in their fitness journey and better health.
One of the top male enhancement supplements, according to many Savage Grow Plus reviews is Savage Grow. It may help build muscles, improve physical performance, and boost sexual health.
Follow A Balanced Healthy Diet
As a man, following a healthy diet plan means you stay healthy. Some foods play roles in your diet, especially for prostate-related issues. Others help you put on some muscle, while some improve your sexual performance.
Below are some of the foods that you should include in your healthy diet plan:
- Lean red meat but in small portions for proteins to help build muscle mass
- Eat white meat especially fish like tuna and salmon
- Whole grain products, such as brown rice and whole-grain bread
- Fiber-rich foods, such as beans and leafy greens
- Fresh fruits for multivitamins and healthy fats
- Healthy fats like omega 3 from avocados
- Vegetables, especially green vegetables, are rich in nutrients and vitamins
- Zinc from mineral supplements or natural foods may boost sperm production and increase testosterone levels for better sexual health
- Get vitamin D for better health
FAQs On Men’s Fitness And Nutrition
What should I eat to build muscle? – To gain muscle, eat a lot of proteins. Proteins help you create more muscle and maintain them.
How much protein do I need? – For the average person, one gram per kilogram of body weight is enough in a healthy diet to keep you going.
How long should I work out if I want to gain muscle mass? – Train at least three times a week to stimulate muscle growth. But ensure you average 150 minutes per week and include strength training workouts.
How often should I go for a checkup? – You should go for a full body checkup at least twice a year to monitor your body. If you can manage to go for checkups more frequently, the better.
As men age, they increase their risk for health problems. Some men’s health problems are due to lack of exercise, diet, or accidents. Some common diseases men suffer from include diabetes, hypertension, sexual health issues, and cancers.
Exercise can help keep you in top shape. Men should combine cardiovascular and strength training for better results and build muscles. Also, doctors may recommend top-rated male enhancements to help improve men’s overall health.
Moreover, men must support good physical and mental health through a balanced diet. A healthy diet may include fruits, whole cereals, vegetables, lean meat, vitamins, plant proteins, as well as basking in the sun for a few minutes.
To support physical performance, you may add natural supplements. However, it’s important to get your doctor’s approval. You can read several Savage Grow Plus reviews to know if the supplement may help you maintain better health and performance.